Performancing Metrics

Scott's Golf Blog: Golf Swing Fundamentals

Monday, February 7, 2011

Golf Swing Fundamentals

In recent months I've participated in a golf forum known as Golfwrx. This forum provides discussion on a variety of golf topics, including instruction, fitness, and equipment. I have found it quite frustrating that there is some hostility among some of the instructors due to differing ideas about what golf swing models work best.

This provided me the motivation to try and find some common ground among instructors in regard to the fundamentals of the golf swing. To my surprise, a consensus could not even be reached in this regard.

I have concluded that golf instruction is similar to the martial arts in this regard as well. It is up to the student to figure out what type or style of instruction best suits their own personality. It is also up to the instructor to convey to potential students their own thoughts on the golf swing, and how best to learn.

To learn more about how I teach, click here
Scott Cole

No comments: