Performancing Metrics

Scott's Golf Blog: Ryder Cup

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ryder Cup

The Ryder Cup matches between the U.S. and Europe begin Friday with the Europeans a heavy favorite to win back the cup. I have to agree with the consensus in that regard. One of the big wild cards of course is whether Tiger has found his game over the last two weeks while continuing his work with Sean Foley. He spoke positively at his news conference today.

The European side looks loaded, but with the glaring exception of Phil Mickelson, the American side is entering the event in pretty good form. Home field advantage to the Europeans though.

On another note, in recent weeks I have been trying to simplify my own golf swing a little bit by simply focusing on what my body is doing during the swing, and forgetting about takeaway positions and the position of my hands at the top. I am trying to swing the arms more behind my body, and then I am trying to be more aggressive with my lower body in the down swing by turning the hips a little more aggressively. The end result has been that I am striking the ball better than I ever have, EVER!

One key test of this swing will come tomorrow. I have not touched a club in a week due to a little time off. I am back at Olney Golf Park tomorrow to practice and give instruction. Normally, I would expect to be a bit off with my ball striking after a little lay off, just due to timing. But, I think I grooved this swing pretty well this time, so we'll see.

Scott Cole
www.onlinegolfswingcoach.com
www.scottcolegolf.com
www.powergolftraining.net

No comments: