Performancing Metrics

Scott's Golf Blog: Golf Lesson

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Golf Lesson

As I mentioned in my last post, I am attending Hank Haney's "Teaching the Teacher" seminar this weekend. I flew into Dallas today, and went out to the Hank Haney Golf Ranch for a lesson from one of Hank's senior instructors, Doug Alexander. Now, keep in mind, I have not played a lot of golf in recent years, and decided to start teaching late last year. I knew I had some swing issues, which had kept me from not wanting to play in recent years. Little did I realize how much I really needed to work on!

Now, this was the best golf lesson I have ever had, by far. It is clear to me that there are your typical golf professionals working at a club who have gone through the PGA process, which actually focuses very little on teaching. And then you have pros like Doug, and his mentor Hank Haney, who KNOW how to teach! Doug admitted he gave me too much information, but since I would likely only have this opportunity to work with him, he worked on a lot of things with me.

What he has learned from Hank, and what will be reinforced this weekend, is a hands on approach to teaching. With my hands on the club, he swung the club with his hand on the shaft, showing me the positions I needed to be in within the swing. He positioned my head and shoulders, and worked me through various phases of the swing to get the proper feel for what he wanted me to do.

This is the first lesson I have had in over 10 years, but no one else has come close to providing me with this kind of information. This is why I am attending the seminar, to learn from Hank Haney and his staff. If he is good enough to be Tiger Woods' swing coach, then he is the one I want to learn from!

Scott Cole
www.powergolftraining.net

1 comment:

Unknown said...

want to learn from the pros well now you can over the internet. No matter what you want to improve from your putting to your mental game you can improve it all and its really cheap. just click here http://tinyurl.com/bg4768