Performancing Metrics

Scott's Golf Blog: New PGA Tour Season Has Begun!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

New PGA Tour Season Has Begun!

The pros are playing in Hawaii today, marking the start of the 2009 PGA Tour season. That has my juices flowing as I anticipate a new year of golf for myself, a year in which I take the game seriously again. I've begun my new conditioning program as I hope to have myself in the best shape of my life before the season begins. Then I will be able to focus more attention on my game and my teaching.

This will be my first year as a professional instructor, although I have worked with plenty of friends in the past. In February, I head to Texas to attend a teaching seminar taught by Hank Haney, the present coach of Tiger Woods. Haney has some interesting ideas regarding addressing major issues faced by many golfers, including the shanks and yips. It will be interesting to learn more about his teaching approach and his work with Tiger.

Now that the new season is under way, many of us across the country are faced with some pretty bad weather which will prohibit us from getting out on the course. Some of us will head south at some point for a vacation just to get a few rounds in before our own season begins. For those of you that don't have that option, check out the possibility of heading to an indoor driving range, or a golf simulator facility. Just getting a few swings in between now and Spring will help get your game started quickly when the new season arrives. You may even want to get a lesson or two at one of these facilities.

Don't forget your conditioning between now and then! This is a great time of year to work on your fitness, especially in regard to the legs and back. And of course, remember your stretching! If you can increase your flexibility a bit, it will pay big dividends during the golf season!

Scott Cole
www.powergolftraining.net

No comments: