Performancing Metrics

Scott's Golf Blog: Golf Gadgets

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Golf Gadgets

The more I browse the internet golf sites and in particular, golf fitness related sites, on the internet, the more gadgets I am finding for sale. Yes, I am sure there are a lot of people out there that are willing to buy the latest and greatest gimmick. Hopefully, some people will read this note and begin to think twice about buying one of these gimmicks.

One interesting gadget I have noticed lately is a weighted medicine ball. I've seen these priced anywhere from $30 to $90. The purpose of this gadget is mainly to do some rotational exercises to strengthen your core. These typically weigh from 4 to 8pounds, or between 2 and 4 kilos.

I think you might be able to make some initial improvement in your core strength by working with one of these, but ultimately, I would bet that this gadget will end up in the bottom of the closet.

What you are better off doing is learning some Yoga or some martial arts, which play key roles in my fitness routines. The exercises I have learned can be done any time, anywhere, and require no gadgets.

So, before wasting your money on one of these gadgets, no matter who you've seen endorse them, use some common sense, and learn some exercises you can do at home with no gadgets.

Scott Cole
www.powergolftraining.net

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here Here Scott !

There is so much crap around these days - just go out and enjoy the game.

www.groovesharpener.net